There are many self-cleaning litter boxes for large cats available that you can choose from. These litter boxes have made the lives of pets and their owners, really easy. You can get rid of cleaning the litter every time as it can be unpleasant.
Therefore, we will provide you with information about our top picks so that you can easily choose. You will also get to know the reason why you should buy an auto-cleaning litter box. Moreover, you will learn some essential things that you should keep in mind before purchasing any of these.
- Best High Sided Litter Boxes To Buy In 2021 – Top 10 Reviewed!
- Best Vacuum For Cat Litter In 2021 (Top 14 Picks Reviewed)
- Best Litter for Declawed Cats In 2021 – (Top 10 Picks)
What Will I Learn?
- 1 10 Best Self-Cleaning Litter Boxes For Large Cats (Top Picks)
- 1.1 1. PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Automatic Self Cleaning Hooded Cat Litter Box
- 1.2 2. Omega Paw Elite Roll’n Clean
- 1.3 3. CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box
- 1.4 4. LitterMaid Multi-Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- 1.5 5. PetSafe PAL00-14242 ScoopFree Automatic Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
- 1.6 6. Nature’s Miracle Multi-Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- 1.7 7. PetSafe Simply Clean Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
- 1.8 8. Pet Zone Smart Scoop Automatic Litter Box
- 1.9 9. Pet Mate Arm & Hammer Large Sifting Litter Pan
- 1.10 10. CatGenie A.I. Self-Washing Cat Box
- 2 4 Reasons To Choose Self-Cleaning Litter Boxes For Cats
- 3 4 Things You Should Look For In Automatic Self-cleaning Litter Boxes For Cats
- 4 Conclusion
10 Best Self-Cleaning Litter Boxes For Large Cats (Top Picks)
PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Automatic Self Cleaning Hooded Cat Litter Box
Omega Paw Elite Roll’n Clean Self Cleaning Litter Box
CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box
LitterMaid Multi-Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box
PetSafe PAL00-14242 ScoopFree Automatic Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Nature's Miracle Multi-Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box
PetSafe Simply Clean Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Pet Zone Smart Scoop Automatic Litter Box
Pet Mate Arm & Hammer Large Sifting Litter Pan
CatGenie A.I. Self-Washing Cat Box
1. PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Automatic Self Cleaning Hooded Cat Litter Box
It is one of the best self-cleaning litter boxes for large cats, and customers positively review it. It has been rated 4 stars by 4600+ customers. This cat litter box will remove waste automatically. You don’t have to scoop, clean, or refill the litter box for many weeks. Moreover, it has an odor control feature so that it will remove all the smell. The crystal litter absorbs urine and dehydrates the solid waste.
It comes with a hooded cover which will keep the litter in the box so your floor will not get messy. There are disposable litter trays with a plastic lining that prevents leaking. Moreover, you can easily clean it by removing the tray and throw it. Another exciting feature of this product is that it can monitor your cat’s health. It keeps a check on how many times your cat has used the litter box.
- Hood gives privacy to the cat and also keeps the litter in the box.
- Odor control is excellent.
- It has a disposable tray.
- It keeps track of the cat’s health.
- It’s expensive than the others.
2. Omega Paw Elite Roll’n Clean
It’s a self-cleaning litter box and is positively reviewed by customers. It has been rated 4 stars by 3200+ people. This is not entirely automatic and has some unique characteristics. It does not require any power or battery; instead, it needs a manual force to operate.
It is good to use for large cats because it is specially designed for them. You need to turn it around, and it will catch debris. The waste will be in the trap door, and the sand will be clean. It is easier to clean than an ordinary cat litter box and comfortable as well.
- It has a unique design and its simple to use.
- Looks attractive.
- This product is made to ensure the privacy of your beloved cat.
- It is simple to use.
- It’s not entirely automatic.
3. CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box
It is another self-cleaning cat litter box that has been given 4 stars by 1300+ customers. This product comes with one box of washable granules and one sanisolution cartridge. These washable granules are used as litter, and you don’t have to change them. SaniSolution is approved by the veterinarian that comes with it.
After the cat has used a litter box, the box will automatically be cleaned with water and Sanisolution. This self-cleaning litter box also has a dryer that dries the granules, and heating system to make them ready for use. It is like a complete bathroom for cats.
- It has a 2-year warranty.
- Keeps your house clean from odor.
- Deep cleaning.
- Easy to use.
- It may not prove suitable for big size cats. However, you can still manage to use it with big cats.
- The cleaning cycle maybe longer.
4. LitterMaid Multi-Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box
This box works with electricity or batteries. This has been given a 3.5 stars rating, and 760+ people have rated it. It cleans the sand and box every 10 minutes, and it is done automatically. There is a cell in it that will detect the presence of a cat in a sandbox. The removed stool will be collected in a bag, which is an anti-odor bag. You can remove this bag periodically.
There is also a mat in this box that will remove all the sand stuck to the cat’s feet. A unique feature about this auto clean litter box is that it gives you the choice of choosing any sand. You can select any silica sand, not any specific one.
- It will automatically start after 20 minutes after your cat has used the litter box.
- It can control the odor.
- Maintenance is low.
- You don’t need to choose any specific sand.
- It can be noisy.
- It is not suitable for you if you have more than one cat.
5. PetSafe PAL00-14242 ScoopFree Automatic Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
It is one of the auto clean litter boxes. About 4200+ people have rated it 4 stars. This self-cleaning litter box contains crystal sand, which will do most of your work. It has enough space and can control the odor well. It comes with a cover that prevents the spilling of waste by any sudden movement of the cat. A spill-proof disposable litter tray is also present in the package of this product.
You don’t need to fill the box for many weeks, which will save you time. Combining the litter box with glass sand will give better results of odor control. There is also a safety sensor that ensures that you can take out the tray only when the cat is not in the box.
- The disposable tray can be replaced easily.
- If you have one cat, you can change it after the month.
- Enough space for cats.
- Odor control feature.
- You don’t need to wash the tray.
- You have to buy replaceable trays from Petsafe dealer.
- Cats under 6 months cannot use it.
6. Nature’s Miracle Multi-Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box
It’s a self-clean litter box that has been rated 3.5 stars by 170+ people. It has a motion detector sensor. It will keep your house clean and odor-free. Cleaning ramp helps to clean your cat’s paws, and high walls keep the waste from scattering. If you have multiple cats at home, buying this self-cleaning litter box will be great for you.
A unique feature about this litter box is that it has a light that helps your cat at night. You don’t have to make much effort in setting it.
- Suitable to use for multiple cats.
- It controls smell, and it is easy to clean.
- Built-in light which will help your cat at night time.
- Its motor can be noisy.
- Not suitable to use for cats under 6 months.
7. PetSafe Simply Clean Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
An auto clean litter box and 4600+ people have rated it 3.5 stars. Its design is original, and it automatically removes all waste. It will always keep the sand ready to use, and you don’t have to do anything. It has a tray that rotates slowly, and its slow movement separates solid waste and urine. These are separated with a rake and fall into a container.
Moreover, it works very silently, and it will not scare your cat. It has a carbon filter that will remove all the odor of waste. Sand will be screened, and dirt will be removed after every 30 minutes. It takes 1.5 hours to complete a full rotation, so the sand is always clean.
- Completely automatic self-cleaning litter box.
- No waste collection.
- You need to clean it after 2 weeks.
- Its maintenance is easy, and it is easy to operate.
- It works silently.
- Low power consumption.
- It does not have any cover, so your cat will not have any privacy.
8. Pet Zone Smart Scoop Automatic Litter Box
It’s a reliable and strong auto-cleaning litter box. 850+ customers have rated it 3.5 stars. This automatic litter box has a powerful motor unit which works very efficiently. It works silently and doesn’t waste the sand every time. It is 100% guaranteed, and it comes with a supply of 6 cartridges of plastic bags. They will last for about a month. These are good for cleaning without having any foul smell.
Its maintenance is easy, and you can easily disassemble it for cleaning. It has a sensor that tells when the cleaning cycle is active. Also, it has carbon zeolite technology, which eliminates the bad smell.
- Do not cause any danger to your cat.
- It’s good to use for multiple cats.
- Works silently.
- Carbon zeolite technology controls odor.
- Sensor for cleaning cycle activation.
- Cannot be used for cats under 6 months of age.
9. Pet Mate Arm & Hammer Large Sifting Litter Pan
This sifting Litter Pan by Pet Mate is one of the positively reviewed automatic self-cleaning litter boxes for cats. It has been rated 4.5 stars by 8200+ people. It has 2 tanks and a sieve, which will separate dirt easily and very quickly. There is no need for a scoop to throw mud, making the action quicker and easy to handle. It takes only 5 minutes to clean, and it’s a short time.
Clumping sand is used in it, and it has a large space that will make your cat comfortable. Regardless of its size, it is suitable for all sizes of cats. It has anti-microbial protection, which not only prevents bacteria and odor but also prevents stains.
- It is effortless to use and clean.
- Cleans very quickly.
- Does not require a scoop.
- Suitable for all sizes of cats.
- Anti-microbial protection.
- It does not have a cover so your cat may not have its privacy.
10. CatGenie A.I. Self-Washing Cat Box
It’s an auto-cleaning litter box, and 30 people have given it 4.5 stars rating. It comes with 1 package of washable granules and 1 SaniSolution cartridge. You don’t need to change these granules, as they are used as litter. It keeps your home clean and odor-free as it cleans itself with water and Sanisolution, which is vet approved. In this way, it is also hygienic.
It is perfect for your cat because it is dust, odor, and waste-free. Also, it has a 2 year warranty.
- Its environment friendly and also hygienic.
- Suitable to use for 1 or 2 cats.
- Fully auto-cleaning litter box.
- 2 year warranty.
- If the feces is soft, it may stay on a device which can cause the smell.
- For deep cleaning, you need to disassemble it completely which will take time.
- A lot tracking granules.
- Loud and long cleaning cycle.
4 Reasons To Choose Self-Cleaning Litter Boxes For Cats
There are many advantages of getting a self-cleaning cat litter boxes. It will make your life very easy. Let’s have a look at these.
1. Get rid of cleaning the litter box every day:
Cats are beautiful, but the signs of urine or feces on them are not pleasant to see at all. Moreover, cleaning the box every day can also be hectic for you. Therefore an automatic cleaning litter box will clean itself and will keep your house clean and odor-free.
2. Less contact with Dirt:
As the box will be automatically cleaned, you will not come into contact with dirt or feces. Also, you don’t have to take that bad smell. Cat’s feces contain many bacteria that can be harmful to you. In this case, an auto-cleaning litter box is best.
3. Less or no smell in House:
Self-cleaning litter box automatically cleans all the waste; therefore, it will keep your house odor-free. Some cat litter boxes eliminate the odor, while others reduce it. You can choose any of them.
4. Cat’s Health:
A cleaned litter box will also be suitable for your cat as it will not have any germs. Cats also like clean litter boxes and feel comfortable. Therefore, it is also essential for your cat’s health to have a self-cleaning litter box.
4 Things You Should Look For In Automatic Self-cleaning Litter Boxes For Cats
There are some essential things that you need to keep in mind before buying a self-cleaning litter box. So let’s have a look at these.
1. Privacy of Cats:
It is always good to buy a hooded auto-cleaning litter box. Most of the cats need privacy, and also it will keep the waste covered and away from you. Another benefit of buying a litter box with cover is that it prevents litter from scattering. So your floor will not be messy. You can choose according to your cat’s needs and personality.
2. Size of the Box:
An ideal box should be 1.5 to 2 times of cat’s length. Adequate space is essential for your cat so that it feels comfortable in moving. Therefore, keep in mind your cat’s size and if you have more than one cat at home.
3. Height of the Litter Box:
Make sure the litter box you plan to buy has high walls. These will prevent scattering of litter spraying. However, if your cat does not show any behavior like this, you can use a regular-sized box.
4. The noise of the Litter box:
Make sure it does produce loud noise during the cleaning process. It can be irritating for you and can also scare your cat. Some cats do not have any problems with the noise, while others may feel uncomfortable. Therefore it is better to buy the litter box that does not produce any noise.
Scooping up litter can be very unpleasant, especially if you have a large cat. There are many self-cleaning litter boxes for large cats that you can get. It depends on your cat’s need and personality that what type of litter box you need. There are many good options available that have been explained above.
However, there are some essential things that you need to keep in mind before getting any litter box. You will get rid of cleaning the litter every time, and it will be done automatically with the auto cleaning litter box.