Shock collars for cats are the training collars used to train cats and to make them obedient. Everyone loves their pet, especially cats, but sometimes their mood swings can be so irritating. Your cat may create a mess in the house when it is hungry or bored. Or it may simply want to go in every corner of the house.
Therefore shock collars help you to train your cat. Many cat owners are concerned about these shock collars if they are safe. Consequently, this article will help you to know about some of the best shock collars for cats. You will know the pros and cons of using them. In this way, you can choose one for your cat for training and making sure that it’s not hurt.
What Will I Learn?
- 1 Our Top Picks From Shock Collar For Cats
- 1.1 1. TBI Pro Cat and Dog Training Collar with Remote
- 1.2 2. PetSafe Paws Away Barrier
- 1.3 3. Dogcare Shock Training Collar
- 1.4 4. Pet Union PT0Z1 Premium Training Shock Collar
- 1.5 5. Petrainer Shock Training E-Collar
- 1.6 6. Flittor Shock Training Collar
- 1.7 7. PATPET Dog Training Collar
- 1.8 8. Educator E-Collar Remote Dog Training Collar
- 1.9 9. eXuby Dog Shock Collar with Remote
- 1.10 10. Puss and Pooch Dog Training Collar
- 1.11 11. Aetertek AT-211 Rechargeable Shock Collar
- 1.12 12. GoodBoy Mini No Shock Remote Collar
- 1.13 13. zhyUS Shock Collar for Cats & Dogs – IPX7
- 2 Why Use Shock Collars?
- 3 Different Arguments About Shock Collars For Cats
- 4 Types Of Shock Collars For Training Cats
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind before Buying Shock Collars For Cats
- 6 Conclusion
Our Top Picks From Shock Collar For Cats
TBI Pro Cat and Dog Training Collar
PetSafe Pawz Away Pet Barriers
DogCare Shock Collar
Pet Union PT0Z1 Premium Training Shock Collar
Petrainer Shock Collar for Dogs
Flittor Shock Collar
PATPET Dog Training Collar
Educator E-Collar Remote Dog Training Collar
eXuby Shock Collar for Cats and Small Dogs
Puss and Pooch Dog Training Collar
Aetertek Rechargeable Training Collar
GoodBoy Mini No Shock Remote Collar
zhyUS Shock Collar for Cats & Dogs - IPX7
1. TBI Pro Cat and Dog Training Collar with Remote
It is a useful device to use for pets of different sizes. Many K9 experts developed this product, and these are good to use if your pet is misbehaving. It gives vibration to your pet whenever it does something wrong.
- There are three different training modes which help to train your dog. It establishes good contact between the owner and the pet.
- The vibration level ranges from 10 to 100 LBS, which is adjustable. You can choose the vibration level depending upon the temperament of your pet.
- It comes with a remote that has a range of about 1600 feet.
- The remote control can control two dogs at a time.
- It has a long-lasting battery that lasts long for about 15 days.
- It is waterproof.
- Tested on different dog breeds. Therefore it will not harm your cat or dog.
- It is specially designed for dogs, and that is why it is difficult to use for small cat breeds.
2. PetSafe Paws Away Barrier
This is the best choice for you if you want to stop your cat from wandering in every corner of the house. It will help you to keep your cat away from the area you want to protect. It has a diameter of 2 to 12 feet from the transmitter. When your cat goes out of the maximum width, the cat will get a mild shock from the Collar and a beeping sound. In this way, your cat will not make any further movement.
What you will like about this product are its different static corrections. You can experiment with them while training your cat and check its response for different levels.
This shock collar also has a feature of automatic shutoff after 15 seconds. In this, your cat will not get injured due to any more prolonged exposure to shock. You will get two batteries with the Collar, but you need to buy 3 AA batteries for the transmitter.
Pros of using this Collar
- There is a small transmitter that will send a signal if your pet has entered the pet-free zone. In this way, you can safely correct your pet.
- The quality of the product is guaranteed.
- Adjustable size for both cats and dogs.
- It can fit the neck size ranging between 6-28 inches.
Cons of using this Collar
- You have to purchase batteries separately for transmitters.
3. Dogcare Shock Training Collar
This shock collar has some unique features that help for better communication between pets and owners. It is also helpful in teaching obedience and some basic pet etiquette. This product comes with three training modes, including vibration, beeping sound, and shock. You need to train your pet with respect, patience, and love.
This shock collar just delivers a mild shock, and it has a security keypad lock. This lock prevents accidental shocks for your cat. It also has a small chip, which helps to control nine different receivers at one time. All these receivers can have a range of 330 yards or about 1000 feet. There is a speaker that will deliver audio and voice commands to your pet to instruct.
You can recharge the receiver and transmitter, and they have a battery life of about 15 days. This product can withstand outdoor activity, and it is also IPX65 waterproof.
- Three different safe training modes to train your dog.
- Security keypad lock keeps your pet safe from accidental shocks.
- You can control nine different dogs at a time with one remote only.
- The static level has a range of 0 to 99, which is adjustable.
- Remote can work up to a distance of 330 yards.
- Long battery life.
- The receiver may prove a bit bulky for cats.
4. Pet Union PT0Z1 Premium Training Shock Collar
This is a popular training shock collar that proves effective in training your pet. This can be used to correct your pet’s multiple behaviors, such as walking, barking, and aggression. It has four different training modes. Also, there is a static stimulation level that you can change depending upon your dog’s temperament.
It has long-lasting battery timing with a battery saving feature. It also has a tone mode, which will give an audible warning if your cat or dog is going to do something wrong.
- It is useful in solving behavioral issues of your pet.
- Four different modes to train your dog.
- Power saving feature for saving battery.
- Long-lasting battery life.
- It is fully waterproof
- New pet owners can get the opportunity for expert and comprehensive training.
- It is reported that the Collar stops working sometimes.
5. Petrainer Shock Training E-Collar
It is specially designed for the comfort and ease of pet. It also has different pet training modes, and it helps to improve your cat’s behavior. Shocks are of varying intensity levels, so you can try them with your cat to find the safer one. Belt, along with the receiver, is made up of Nylon material which has a high quality. Therefore it is comfortable and soft for the cat’s neck.
Transmitter and receiver are waterproof. The range of this transmitter is about 1000 feet or 330 yards. Collar contacts will not cause any skin irritation for your cat if worn for a longer time.
- Three training modes, including standard tone, vibration, and static stimulation.
- It has a rechargeable receiver and transmitter, which are waterproof as well.
- Contact points are covered with soft silicone, which protects the skin of your dog.
- The control range is less
- Power saving feature of this shock collar does not work appropriately
6. Flittor Shock Training Collar
It is good to use cats and dogs of any size, weighing 5 to 100 pounds. This is suitable even for a hairy cat or dog. It has several contact points so it can be adjusted for both small and large pets. It comes with three training modes of beep, shock, and vibration. Moreover, the vibration and shock mode will not hurt your cat because they are light.
Their level can also be adjusted from 0-100. The remote control also has a strong flashlight, and it helps your cat and dog to see visibly in dark areas or at night. It has a distance range of about 2500 to 3000 feet.
The transmitter and receiver can be recharged, and it takes them 3 hours to charge fully. Their battery can last for about 15 to 18 days. They are water-resistant as well. It comes with a memory setting named memory A, B, and AB. In this way, you can control three dogs at a time.
- Microprocessor controlled technology helps to establish a stable and strong signal.
- It can work from a distance of 2500 feet.
- The Remote has a flashlight, which allows us to see if the pet is in a dark area.
- Three different training modes
- Adjustable levels of shock and vibration with a range of 1 to 100.
- It is IP67 water-resistant.
- It is rechargeable and has a long-lasting battery.
- Memory feature to train three pets at once
- It is difficult to see LCD outdoors
7. PATPET Dog Training Collar
This shock collar comes with different training modes such as vibration, tone mode, and static stimulation mode. The intensity level depends upon you, and you can control it with the help of a remote. There are eight different vibration levels, and shock stimulation has 16 levels.
This collar by PATPET operates on low voltage, and the shock is mild. It has a nylon collar, which is good to use for neck between 3 to 27 inches. It can be adjusted as well, and also it is comfortable and soft and is easy for a cat to wear.
This training collar also has a blind operation mode, which means that you can control it without even looking at the remote. The buttons for training mode are separate so that you can easily choose the desired button.
It has a very long-lasting battery timing. Receivers can work for about 30 days, and remote can work for 60 days when they are fully charged. It has a range of about 1000 feet.
- It is easy to use for pet owners.
- An extremely long battery timing which can last for about 30 days.
- The shock level can be adjusted between 1 to 16, so there will be a visible difference between levels.
- It is rainproof.
- Signal response time is fast.
- It does not have a lock mode. Therefore, there are chances of accidental command.
- A small range of about 1000 feet.
- It is not waterproof, so it is not suitable for swimming.
- You need to change the position of Collar after every 2 hours. Otherwise, it will make your dog’s skin uncomfortable.
8. Educator E-Collar Remote Dog Training Collar
These are high-quality shock training collars. It has two kinds of stimulation; regular stimulation and boosts stimulation. Boost stimulation is used for stubborn pets, and the level can be adjusted from 0 to 60. Boost stimulation has not a negative effect on pets.
There is also a tapping sensation instead of vibration. It is more helpful in making your cat obedient. The battery lasts long for about ten days, and this product comes with a dual charger.
- Tapping sensation is more effective than vibration.
- Dual charger and the battery get charged fully in 2 hours.
- Two kinds of stimulation; regular and boost stimulation.
- Compared to other devices, it is expensive.
- Only one mode can be used at a time.
9. eXuby Dog Shock Collar with Remote
It is good to use for cats that misbehave. This shock collar is designed for small dogs, but it can also be used for cats. There is a free training clicker. You should use it before giving a shock to your cat. The cat will get an idea that it is going to get a shock after clicker. In this way, it will stop your cat from doing anything wrong, just with a clicker.
Vibration and sound intensity ranges from 1-100. In the kit, you will get one waterproof collar, one collar, and one remote transmitter. You will also get batteries for remote and receiver that are rechargeable. It has 30 days guaranteed so that if you are not satisfied, you can return this.
- The shock collar, along with the clicker, gives results quickly. Once your dog learns that he is going to get a shock after clicker, he will stop. So you no need to provide any unnecessary shock.
- You can use vibration or sound mode if you don’t want to use the shock mode.
- It is rechargeable, and you don’t have to buy separate batteries.
- No long-lasting battery life.
10. Puss and Pooch Dog Training Collar
This shock collar for cats comes with different shock and vibration levels, which work effectively to train your cat. It is fully waterproof, which is an exciting feature. Both dogs and cats can use this training collar, but the receiver is bulky and large.
The manufacturer of this product has claimed that even the highest shock level is not harmful to pets. It has a warranty of 10 years, which is a good thing about this product. This shock collar comes with light and noise mode along with vibration and shock. In this way, it helps to give your cat a signal if it is doing something wrong.
It also has a sleep mode, which will help you to shut the electric shock function, especially if your pet reacts panic to it.
- It is rechargeable and waterproof.
- The safety of your pet is guaranteed. Even the highest level of shock cannot harm your pet.
- It can be used for all sizes of dogs.
- The collar can be adjusted.
- The bulky and large receiver.
- It is weak and may not stop determined cats.
11. Aetertek AT-211 Rechargeable Shock Collar
This is good to use for cats, which weight 8 to 50lbs. It does not have too much weight and comfortable for your cat. It has different training methods such a beeping sound, vibration, and electric shock. In this way, you can first use beeping sound and vibration to scare your cat. If your cat still does not stop, you can use electric shock then.
Also, the electric shock comes with nine different levels. Moreover, this shock collars for cats has batteries that you can recharge. You don’t have to spend money on buying batteries for the remote control or the receiver.
- The static stimulation shock level can be adjusted from 0 to 7.
- Static pulse and vibration mode can train and correct deaf dogs.
- The beep tone is dog friendly.
- Batteries lose charging fast. You have to charge them very often maybe after one or two days.
12. GoodBoy Mini No Shock Remote Collar
There are no shock stimulations in it. This collar is designed to train your cat without hurting even a bit. It is not suitable for large-sized cats or dogs or for those that are stubborn. Goodby no shock collar is ideal for dogs and cats weighing 5 to 15 pounds. It is very lightweight, so cats do not have difficulty in wearing it.
Remote has a sleek, smart, and modern design, and also it is easy to operate and carry. It has a bright and large display, and the remote has a range of 1000 feet.
Remote and collar have rechargeable batteries, and it lasts for a weak. There is also a battery saving mode.
- It is safe and small in size. It is suitable for a pet having 5lb weight.
- Its remote has a modern design with a visible and large display.
- A complete dog training guide helps to understand how to use it.
- Lithium battery technology.
- No shock means that it is less useful to correct your pet’s behavior.
- Some people have reported about its charging problems. But there are many happy customers as well.
- The battery lasts for a week.
13. zhyUS Shock Collar for Cats & Dogs – IPX7
This shock collar has colorful designs and is made of ABS material. The metal paint process gives it a velvety texture, so it feels smooth on the touch. Three training methods are effective in correcting inappropriate behaviors. It is IPX7 fully waterproof and is made of materials with extra durability.
zhyUS shock collar is suitable for all types of dog breeds. It has a range of 1000 feet, and it charges quickly. A free electronic guide comes with it to make you understand all features.
- It can be used for all types of dog breeds. You can use it even for smaller dogs.
- Two pets can be trained at once.
- The shock level can be adjusted.
- Waterproof collar.
- Shock function can be confusing for some people. Therefore, do not directly practice it on your pet. Otherwise, it may harm them.
Why Use Shock Collars?
Shock Collars are used to train your cat. Your cat may misbehave or have a habit of wandering in every corner of the house. It can be irritating for you, so shock collars offer a helping hand in this case. They come with several exciting features, so they are easy to use. Also, they have some features such as light, sound, or vibration; therefore, you do not always need to give it shock. This is like an indication or signal to warn your cat if it is going to do something wrong.
Different Arguments About Shock Collars For Cats
There are several arguments about shock collars, and therefore some people do not use them. They may not prove as useful as one thinks about them. The reason is that a cat’s brain works with positive reinforcement techniques of training. It will not accept the punishment system.
Moreover, using shock collars for cats can be life-threatening for some cats. The shock may affect the health of a cat and may affect its nervous system. Shock collars that are designed for large dogs may prove worse for cats.
Moreover, if a pet owner is not experienced, it can be more dangerous for the pet. For this reason, shock collars are illegal in some parts of Australia and Europe, for inexperienced owners.
Types Of Shock Collars For Training Cats
There are two basic types of training collars that you need to choose to depend upon your need. If you want to stop your cat from going in the restricted area, you need to select containment systems. These are a type of invisible fence which will prevent your cat from wandering.
The other type is obedience collars. These are used to train your cat if it misbehaves. These will help your cat to act and behave appropriately.
Things to Keep in Mind before Buying Shock Collars For Cats
There are different things that you need to keep in mind if you are going to buy a shock collar for cats. Let’s have a look at these, one by one.
1. Electric Shock
This is an important thing to keep in mind as it is concerned with your cat’s safety. Many shock collars are used for both cats and dogs. Therefore you need to keep in mind which type of shock do these collars deliver. It is because cats only need minimal trauma. Non-shock collars are always best for cats because they secure cats from any danger.
2. Fitting of Shock Collar
The size of the collar should be adjustable for your cat. Make sure that it fits your cat; otherwise, it will be too tight or too loose. Therefore, you need to keep it in mind before buying any collar.
Make sure that the shock collar that you are buying is of high quality. The shock collar should be comfortable and soft for your cat so that it does not feel any difficulty wearing it. It is also essential that the collar should have lightweight, and it should be made of nylon. It should also be stretchy and not hard for your cat.
4. Additional Feature of Shock Collars for Cats
It is not always essential to stop your cat by giving it a shock. Therefore you should also look for some other features that the product is offering. These may include sound, beeping, vibration, or flashlight. If these things work, you don’t need to treat it with a shock.
Also, it should be waterproof and, along with that, have a look at the price. Battery timing is also essential.
Shock Collars for cats prove a helping hand in training your cat appropriately. Pets are very loving and dear to pet owners. However, if they do not behave appropriately, they may irritate you. For this reason, you need to train your cat correctly. Choose the type of shock collar for your cat, depending upon your need.
There are multiple shock collars for cats that offer different features. You can buy what suits you and your cat the best. Also, be careful before purchasing any as they should not be harmful to your cat. But it’s always best to buy a shock-free collar for your cat.