Declawed cats have sensitive paws, which means that they need comfortable and soft litter to harm them. Many cat litters available in the market for declawed cats, and choosing one may become difficult. That’s why we are here to provide you information about some of our recommended and best litter for declawed cats.
We will talk about their qualities and materials used in the litter. Moreover, what benefits your cat will have from litter, and which material is safe for your cat. For this reason, stay with us and read the article to end to get all the information.
- 10 Best Self-Cleaning Litter Boxes For Large Cats Of 2021
- Best Vacuum For Cat Litter In 2021 (Top 14 Picks Reviewed)
- Best High Sided Litter Boxes To Buy In 2021 – Top 10 Reviewed!
What Will I Learn?
- 1 10 Best Litter for Declawed Cats You Should Buy
- 1.1 Our Top 5 Recommendations Of Cat Litter For Declawed Cats:
- 1.2 1. Purina Yesterday’s News Non-Clumping Paper Cat Litter:
- 1.3 2. World’s Best Cat Litter For Declawed Cats:
- 1.4 3. ökocat Natural Wood Clumping Cat Litter:
- 1.5 4. Dr. Elsey’s Premium Clumping Cat Litter:
- 1.6 5. ARM & HAMMER Clump & Seal Platinum Cat Litter:
- 1.7 6. Naturally Fresh Walnut-Based Multi-Cat Quick-Clumping Cat Litter:
- 1.8 7. SmartCat All Natural Clumping Litter:
- 1.9 8. sWheat Scoop Multi-Cat Litter For Declawed Cats:
- 1.10 9. Purina Tidy Cats LightWeight 24/7 Performance Clumping Cat Litter:
- 1.11 10. Fresh News Cat Litter Best For Declawed Cats:
- 2 5 Things To Consider While Buying Best Litter for Declawed Cats
- 3 My Declawed Cat is Not Using The Litter Box
- 4 Conclusion
10 Best Litter for Declawed Cats You Should Buy
Below are some of the recommended and best litter for declawed cats that will benefit your cat. After reading this, you will be able to choose one litter for your cat.
Our Top 5 Recommendations Of Cat Litter For Declawed Cats:
Purina Yesterday's News Non Clumping Paper Cat Litter
World's Best Cat Litter
ökocat Natural Wood Clumping Cat Litter
Dr. Elsey's Premium Clumping Cat Litter
ARM & HAMMER Clump & Seal Platinum Cat Litter
This non clumping litter has been manufactured by Purina and has been rated 4.4 stars by 660 users. It is No. 1 recommended by vets, and the materials it contains are ecofriendly. The brand features soft texture, which is the best litter for declawed cats. It is has been found so significant that the cats were enticed to use the litter box again.
Its base is very soft, and it contains eco-friendly materials such as paper fibers, which are 100% recyclable. These fibers absorb most of the moisture and are more effective than clay litter pellets. It is dust-free up to 99.7% and is unscented as well. This is perfect for cats with sensitive paws, especially those that have gone through surgery recently.
- The litter is unscented, which most of the cats prefer.
- It is dust-free up to 99.7%
- The litter contains fiber which can absorb three times more than a litter pellet.
- It has a soft texture, which is perfect for your declawed cat.
- The litter does not offer odor protection, and there may be an unpleasant smell in your home.
- You have to remove the feces daily.
As the name indicates, it is also considered the best litter for declawed cats. It’s a corn litter that is light, soft, and comfortable for your cat. The main reason for it being famous is that it can control odor excellently. It can create cohesive and robust clumps.
Some customers have complained about this product being dusty and lightweight, which means that there will be a mess all-around your home. Therefore you may have to purchase a litter mat with it. Moreover, corn is also responsible for aflatoxin mold growth, which can also grow in the litter box. For this reason, many customers avoid getting this litter box.
- It’s a soft textured litter and provides comfort to your declawed cat.
- The company has provided the feature of excellent odor control.
- It can create cohesive and strong clumps so that the scooping becomes easier.
- Some customers have reported about the litter being dusty.
- Corn litter may cause aflatoxin mold growth in the litter box.
Among the recommended best litter for declawed cats, this one has been positively reviewed. It has been rated 4.4 stars by 4300+ users. This litter is considered best for cats that have been declawed recently and feel difficulty approaching the litter box. It is highly comfortable and contains 100% natural litter.
It has a comfortable soft texture made by the renowned brand and has received many positive customer reviews. The product can control odor, and it is lightweight. Moreover, you can clean the litter box after a week. It has also been designed so that you can clean litter easily and has a biodegradable composition.
- You can clean the litter after a week.
- It is almost dust-free.
- The product has a biodegradable composition, and it is flushable.
- It is very soft and comfortable for your declawed cat.
- It has an average clumping ability.
- Litter is lightweight, which means you cannot place it in windy areas.
- It has no large size packaging.
Dr. Elsey’s Premium Clumping cat litter has been positively reviewed by users and is considered the best litter for declawed cats. It has got a rating of 4.3 stars by 24000+ users. The litter is 99.9% dust-free, which makes it perfect for allergic cats. It contains hypo-allergenic cat litter, which keeps your house clean.
The litter is not only suitable for allergic cats but allergic families as well. It prevents moisture due to grain clay, which makes it a perfect clumping litter. Moreover, it can control the odor and keeps your home fresh. It also makes the cleaning process more comfortable as it offers hard clumping, which can be scooped quickly.
- The litter has a comfortable texture for declawed cats.
- Hard clumps make the scooping process easier.
- It can control odor.
- As it is dust-free, so it is perfect for allergic cats.
- Clay grain contains larger granules.
- As the litter becomes old, it becomes dustier and dustier.
- You have to replace litter often.
Arm and Hammer, the best litter for declawed cats, has been rated 4.6 stars by 9600+ users. It can clean odor, and it has an entirely dust-free platinum formula. You can clean the litter after seven days, and it is guaranteed.
It makes a seal around feces and urine and seals the odor. It has a potent formula of baking soda and has the extra strength of controlling odor even if you have more than one cat at home.
- The litter has 10% more odor eliminators, which makes it powerful in odor-controlling even if you have more than one cat.
- It has a platinum formula which is 100% dust-free.
- You can clean the litter after seven days.
- The litter has a sandy nature.
- It is scented, so most of the cats may not like it.
Naturally fresh is another best litter for declawed cats and has been rated 4.4 stars by 4100+ users. It has used the walnut shell formula, which can control the odor. This litter can absorb three times more than other litter pellets and is ideal for cats that have declawed paws.
It can make your cat enticed to use the litter box again. Moreover, it has excellent clumping ability, which will make the cleaning process more comfortable. No harmful chemicals have been used in its manufacturing, and the litter is flushable. Also, no grains and clay are used in it, and it is also scent-free, which most cats prefer.
- Walnut shell formula is ideal for cats that have recently gone through a surgery.
- It has a quick clumping ability, which makes the cleaning process easier.
- The litter is clay free and grain-free.
- It can excellently control odor and is unscented.
- The litter is slightly dusty, and it needs maintenance daily.
SmartCat natural clumping litter has been rated 4.5 stars by 1290+ users and is considered the best litter for declawed cats due to its features. The litter is grass-based, which gives it a very soft texture and can control odor entirely.
Grass-based litter can increase absorption and gives it an excellent clumping ability. Moreover, its quick-absorbing power helps you to maintain it easily. Also, the litter is 99% dust-free. There are no harmful chemicals used in it.
- The litter is natural, soft grass-based, which is sensitive for your cat’s declawed paws.
- It can absorb quickly, and quick clumping aids the cleaning process.
- The material used in it biodegradable and flushable.
- It is free from any chemicals and scent.
- You have to remove clump daily and add new litter daily.
- A slight tracking has been noticed in it.
Available in different sizes, sWheat Scoop has been rated 4.6 stars by 1200+ users. The litter has excellent granules, which makes it comfortable and soft for paws. Its texture is also suitable for sensitive paws. Moreover, the litter has excellent absorbing power and also absorbs odors.
It is made from 100% wheat and does not contain any chemicals or dyes. The formula is completely natural and makes scooping easier. Vets also recommend sWheat litter, and it contains eco-friendly materials. So overall, this litter is healthy for your cat.
- Wheat makes it highly absorbent, and it has a natural formula.
- It is ideal for cats with declawed paws and contains biodegradable material.
- It is scent-free and does not contain any chemical or harmful perfumes or fragrances.
- The litter can also be used for more than one cat.
- The litter has fine granules that are not ideal for cats with long hairs.
This product has received 4.6 stars rating from 1400+ users, and it is available in two different sizes. It has triple odor protection, which will protect your home from foul smells. The formula is lightweight, which can be carried easily. Moreover, it has an ammonia blocker, which prevents ammonia odor for at least two weeks.
It has a strong clumping ability, which helps in cleaning efficiently. It has a powerful TidyLock, which locks the odor. You can use it for multiple cats, and it keeps your home fresh and gives your cat a clean and tidy place.
- The litter is easy to clean and has low dust.
- You can clean the litter after two weeks.
- Strong and powerful clumps are formed, which are easy to be cleaned.
- The company offers TidyLock protection, which locks the odor.
- It is lightweight. So, it can be a little messier.
This is the last recommendation for the best cat litter for declawed kittens and has been rated 4.4stars by 1300+ users. It helps to control odor and keeps your home fresh. It contains 100% recycled paper and has baking soda that can powerfully control the odor.
Fresh News Litter is dust-free and non-allergenic, which means that it is ideal for dogs with allergies. The litter has a soft base, which is perfect for cats with sensitive paws, and also it retains its form even after using it for a long time. It has been proved three times more effective than litter. Also, the litter does not stick to your cat’s paws.
- It has baking soda formula which controls maximum odor.
- The litter has biodegradable materials.
- It has a soft texture, which makes it ideal for cats with declawed paws.
- You can use it for small cats, and it is dust-free.
- The litter is flushable.
5 Things To Consider While Buying Best Litter for Declawed Cats
Declawed cats feel pain and difficulty while digging into the litter. Such difficulty can prevent cats from using the litter box. This is why you must take the time to decide which cat litter is best for your furry friend.
1. Low-dust Litter:
Clay litter products are not good at all, as they can cause a mess. Therefore it is always advisable to look for low dust litter products because they keep your cat’s lungs healthy. Also, these are suitable for cats that have allergies, and they keep your cat comfortable.
Sticky and clumpy litter should be avoided because they can stick to your cat’s paws. Mostly if your cat has recently gone through surgery, it can stick to the wound and may cause some infection. Moreover, litter sticking to a cat’s toes can cause tracking, so always buy non-sticky litter for your cat.
3. It should be dry:
Cats are spotless animals and don’t like digging in messy and wet litter. Therefore, always buy a cat litter that is moisture-free to encourage your cat to use it.
4. It should be soft:
The best option is to choose a cat litter that is soft on your cat’s paws. Declawed cats have sensitive paws, and they need a very soft litter so that it does not hurt them. You can use cat litter which is lightweight and with beautiful grains. You can also use cat litter, which is made from natural ingredients.
5. The smell of Litter:
Cats often do not like litter with a smell or a specific type of fragrance. Therefore you must get an unscented litter for your cat. It is so that your cat can comfortably use it.
My Declawed Cat is Not Using The Litter Box
In case you adopt a cat or rescue one which has declawed paws, you will need to make extra effort to make them comfortable. They will face trouble when it comes to litter box usage. Consult a vet to understand post-declaw problems with your cat that may be causing them discomfort.
In case your cat is facing some pain, the vet can prescribe medications to eliminate the pain your pet may feel. This will allow them to use their litter box without hurting their paw.
Cats with declawed paws need a particular litter that is comfortable to use for them. Also, it shouldn’t hurt their wound if they have gone through surgery recently. There are many different litters in the market, so it can be challenging to choose one. We have provided a list of best cat litter for declawed cats so you can easily choose one.
It would also help if you looked for a couple of things in a litter while buying it for your cat. These things will help you to get the best litter for your cat. You can also consult your vet if it is not using the litter box.