Some people think that high fiber cat food is not necessary for their cats. Some researchers have also argued on it. They believe that wild cats didn’t have any fiber in their diet, so household cats also do not need it. However, household cats have different needs, and they may need a diet rich in fiber content.
For this reason, we have compiled all the information about high fiber cat food. You will also get to know about different brands of high fiber cat food that you can choose depending upon your need.
- Best 15 Cat Foods For Urinary Tract Health 2021 – Top 15 Reviewed!
- Best Cat Food For Older Cats That Vomit – (Top Picks 9 In 2021)
- Cat Food For Smelly Poop 2021 – (Top 10 Cat Foods)
What Will I Learn?
- 1 Top 12 High Fiber Cat Food For Your Beloved Cat
- 1.1 1. Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Cat Food
- 1.2 2. Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet Can Cat Food
- 1.3 3. Wellness Core Grain-Free Original Formula Dry Cat Food
- 1.4 4. Halo Grain Free Indoor Healthy Weight Dry Cat Food
- 1.5 5. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Cat Food Hairball Control
- 1.6 6. Natural Balance Original Ultra Whole Body Health Dry Cat Food
- 1.7 7. Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Recipe Natural Wet Canned Cat Food
- 1.8 8. IAMS Proactive Health Adult Indoor Weight & Hairball Control Dry Cat Food
- 1.9 9. Purina ONE Indoor Advantage Adult Cat Food
- 1.10 10. Rachael Ray Nutrish Super Premium Dry Cat Food
- 1.11 11. Purina Beyond Grain-Free, Natural, Adult Wet Cat Food
- 1.12 12. Iams Proactive Health Kitten Dry Cat Food Chicken Recipe
- 2 What is Fiber in Cat food?
- 3 5 Things To Look For In A Cat Food
- 4 Conclusion
Top 12 High Fiber Cat Food For Your Beloved Cat
Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Cat Food
Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet Can Cat Food
Wellness Core Grain-Free Original Formula Dry Cat Food
Halo Grain Free Indoor Healthy Weight Dry Cat Food
Hill's Science Diet Dry Cat Food Hairball Control
Natural Balance Original Ultra Whole Body Health Dry Cat Food
Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet Grain Free Recipe Natural Wet Canned Cat Food
IAMS Proactive Health Adult Indoor Weight & Hairball Control Dry Cat Food
Purina ONE Indoor Advantage Adult Cat Food
Rachael Ray Nutrish Super Premium Dry Cat Food
Purina Beyond Grain Free, Natural, Adult Wet Cat Food
Iams Proactive Health Kitten Dry Cat Food Chicken Recipe
Below mentioned are the top picks that we recommend you. You should consider these brands before buying high fiber cat food. Let’s have a look at these, one by one.
1. Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Cat Food
It is a high-quality cat food made by one of the leading brands. 460+ customers have given it a 4.5 stars rating. Blue dry cat food does not have any preservatives or artificial flavors. There are many vitamins, natural ingredients, and minerals that your cat will get eating it.
BLUE wilderness cat food is a blend of all-natural fibers. These are essential in eliminating hairballs. Moreover, there is a balance between calories and fats, which helps maintain body weight.
Its unique feature is the LifeSource Bits. These are a blend of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals which not only support the immune system of your cat but also help in maintaining its health. It fulfills all requirements and sustains a healthy life of your cat.
- Deboned chicken is the very first ingredient, and it is rich in protein content.
- The fiber content in Blue dry cat food is 7.4% maximum.
- It contains Psyllium seeds and cellulose, which help in reducing fur balls.
- It also contains bite-sized pieces that your cat can efficiently deal with.
- This cat food contains healthy carbohydrates such as sweet potatoes.
2. Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet Can Cat Food
It’s a wet cat food which is rich in fiber content. Around 250+ people have rated it 3.5 stars. It is a delicious, grain-free, and simple diet, and your cat will love it. The only source of protein in this diet is the tender duck. It is suitable for maintaining the cat’s muscles, and it does not overwhelm the cat’s sensitive stomach.
There is a high amount of omega-3 fatty acid due to flaxseed oil in it. It is suitable for shiny, thick fur and healthy skin. It contains all essential minerals and vitamins, so there is a balance between fats and calories.
- This cat diet does not contain any artificial flavor or preservatives.
- It is grain-free and contains no gluten.
- It is rich in fiber content.
- Contains omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids.
3. Wellness Core Grain-Free Original Formula Dry Cat Food
It is dry cat food and is loved by cats. Around 120+ people have rated it 4.5 stars. It’s high-quality cat food and contains a high concentration of animal protein. The source of protein in it is turkey, and it is also rich in nutritional content. It has a fantastic flavor that your cat will love.
Wellness Core company makes the best combination of nature and science. They have staff, including vets, scientists, and nutritionists. They make the cat food to provide it everything that your cat needs to spend a healthy life. It gives energy to play, a lustrous coat and skin, improved immunity and digestion. There are controlled minerals that will support urinary health.
This company provides you a wide range of dry and wet cat food with a wide range of textures and flavors. You can use according to your cat’s need.
- Wellness Core prepares the food in the USA using all-natural ingredients. There are no harmful additives or preservatives.
- It is suitable for cats of all ages.
- They provide both dry and wet cat food with a wide variety of flavors and textures.
- It contains 38% protein content, and fiber content is 5%.
4. Halo Grain Free Indoor Healthy Weight Dry Cat Food
As the name suggests, it is specially made for indoor cats. Customers have positively reviewed it. About 700+ people have rated it 4.5 stars. The chicken liver recipe is nutritious and healthy for cats. It is effortless to digest and beneficial as well. Not only that, but it also maintains a healthy weight of your cat. It contains fewer amounts of fat and calories.
The only protein source is chicken. There are some vegetables and fruits, such as chickpeas, blueberries, sweet potatoes. All these are very easy to digest. It also contains antioxidants that boost up the immune system of your cat. It is high in fiber content.
- It has 32% protein, 13% fat and 5% fiber.
- It does not contain high amounts of calories and fats. As a result, your cat will have a healthy weight.
- It has a proprietary Dreamcoat supplement that will boost the skin. Moreover, your cat will have a healthy coat.
- It does not contain grains and artificial additives.
- It is made especially for indoor cats.
5. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Cat Food Hairball Control
The primary ingredient in this formula is chicken. It has been rated 4.5 stars by 600+ people. It’s a dry kibble food that is made with natural fiber. The natural fiber helps in reducing hairballs in older cats. It also has vitamin E and omega 6 fatty acids, which help maintain a healthy coat and skin.
Antioxidants help to boost the immune system. It doesn’t have any artificial flavor, additives, or preservatives.
- It is blended scientifically to comfortably reduce hairballs.
- Vitamin E helps to have a healthy skin and coat.
- Antioxidants support the immune system of your cat.
- The only protein source is chicken, and it does not have any artificial flavor.
- It contains Taurine, which is good for the health of the heart. A balance of minerals which keeps bladder and kidneys in good condition.
- Vets recommend it.
6. Natural Balance Original Ultra Whole Body Health Dry Cat Food
Natural balance has been rated 4.5 stars by 560+ people. As the name indicates, this food has been designed especially for the whole body of your cat. If your cat is a picky eater, it is the best option for it. It also contains a blend of the salmon meal and chicken meal, which is easy to digest and very flavorful.
Natural Balance cat food is rich in protein content to support muscles and also omega fatty acids for skin and coat. It has 3% fiber and is suitable for cats of all ages. It is especially useful for cats that have just started eating high fiber cat food.
- Natural Balance Dry cat food contains 34% protein, 17% fiber, and 3% fat.
- Suitable for all cats and breeds.
- It has a unique system of fiber layering, which promotes healthy digestion in your cat.
7. Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Recipe Natural Wet Canned Cat Food
This is a wet canned food for cats and has been given 4 stars by 440+ people. Cats with sensitivities can quickly eat it. This wet food is a grain-free formula. It is made with 1 protein source and 1 vegetable.
The ingredients used in it are simple such as farm-raised rabbits. This protein source is easy to digest and healthy as well. It has a delicious taste and texture that even picky eater cats will love this food. It is made in the USA using the best ingredients and is suitable for cats of all ages.
The company provides both wet and dry cat food made from real ingredients. It has balanced nutrition with natural omegas.
- The protein source is farm-raised rabbits.
- Specially designed for cats with food allergies.
- It has a limited number of ingredients.
- Suitable for cats of all ages from kitties to older cats
- It has a delicious taste and texture that even picky eater cats will love it.
8. IAMS Proactive Health Adult Indoor Weight & Hairball Control Dry Cat Food
This is one of the positively reviewed cat food. It has been rated five stars by 5500+ customers. The protein source in this cat food is chicken, which helps in muscle maintenance and provides energy to play. If your cat is overweight, you can feed it IAMS dry cat food. It contains l-carnitine, which helps in losing weight.
- It has L-Carnitine, which helps in weight loss.
- It has a large amount of fiber and protein.
- There are vitamins and omegas which maintain the health of your cat
- There are only natural ingredients in this cat food
- It has a proprietary fiber blend with a beet pulp.
9. Purina ONE Indoor Advantage Adult Cat Food
It is made for adult cats and is positively reviewed by customers. Around 5420 people have rated it 5 stars. The top ingredient in this cat food is a real turkey. There are natural ingredients with minerals, vitamins, and essential nutrients. It helps in maintaining a healthy weight and minimizes hairballs of your cat.
Minerals and vitamins help to have a healthy skin and coat of your cat. They also improve digestion.
- This cat food is specially made for adult indoor cats.
- It helps to minimize hairballs and controls weight.
- Contains natural fiber, and there are no harmful preservatives.
- It contains vitamins and omega 6 for a healthy coat of your cat.
10. Rachael Ray Nutrish Super Premium Dry Cat Food
This is one of the best cat food made by a brand that is best for high-quality cat foods. It has been rated 4.5 stars by 5200+ people, and it is designed to fulfill all needs of indoor cats. It is rich in fiber content and made with natural ingredients.
This brand offers high quality best protein sources such as salmon, whitefish, and chicken. There are a lot of minerals, vitamins along with prebiotics and probiotics for your cat’s health. It is affordable, so it will not upset your budget. Also, this is only for adult cats; therefore, if you have a kitten, you shouldn’t buy it.
- It has an affordable price and protein source is chicken and salmon.
- This premium cat food contains antioxidants rich berries that supports the immune system of your cat.
- It is only designed for adult cats.
- It contains amino acids, minerals, and vitamins, prebiotics and probiotics.
11. Purina Beyond Grain-Free, Natural, Adult Wet Cat Food
It’s a wet cat food designed for adult cats and has been rated 4.5 stars by 3200+ customers. It gives your cat all the essential nutrients that your cat needs. The brand selects natural ingredients thoughtfully and works to provide the right amount of nutrition for pets’ healthy lives. Different vitamins and minerals make it a complete balanced diet for your cat.
It is great for cats that have issues of allergies, digestibility, and obesity. There are no poultry by-product meals and no artificial flavors.
- High-quality protein is used in this formula.
- There are no grains or additives. All-natural ingredients are used to give your cat the right amount of nutrition.
- It is designed for adult cats only.
- Added Taurine helps to improve heart health and eyesight for your cat.
- It contains natural fiber.
12. Iams Proactive Health Kitten Dry Cat Food Chicken Recipe
Iams Proactive Health Kitten provides nutrition to your cat, which makes it strong and healthy. Around 2975 customers have rated it 5 stars. It builds muscles and makes them strong. There is a complete balanced diet which is easy to digest for your cat. Moreover, the crunchy kibble in it scrubs your cat’s teeth and protects from plaque- build-up.
This cat food is just made for kittens only. It can also be used for lactating or pregnant cats.
- It contains Taurine, which is good for eyesight and heart health.
- It is designed for kittens having the age between 1 to 12 months. You can also use it for pregnant cats.
- It contains amino acids that boost up the immune system.
- Added minerals and vitamins, along with fish oil, helps in vision and brain development.
What is Fiber in Cat food?
Fiber is a carbohydrate that works the same as it does for human beings. It cannot be adequately digested, so it sweeps away through the digestive system. Adding fiber to your cat’s diet will increase the amount of water in the intestines, and it controls the time of digestion. Moreover, it flushes bacteria out of the digestive system and cleanse the intestines.
Therefore, the chances of infection in your cats are reduced. It will also give a feeling of satisfaction to your cat after it has finished its meals. It also controls the amount of sugar in the bloodstream.
5 Things To Look For In A Cat Food
The most important thing you need to look for in a high fiber cat food is the rate of fermentability. You need to have an idea of how much time fiber will take to broke down and sweeps through the digestive system. There are some things you need to keep in mind, so let’s have a look at these.
1. Highly Fermentable:
Make sure the high fiber cat food you are buying is rapidly fermentable. If your cat is suffering from constipation, you should look for soluble fibers in ingredients. For example, oatmeal, psyllium, and oatmeal are easily fermentable and increase the digestion rate. Therefore, these are good to treat constipation in your cat.
2. Slow Fermentable:
If your cat is suffering from diarrhea, you should look for insoluble fibers such as whole grains, brown rice, legumes, etc. It will digestion process, and this formula will help to treat diarrhea.
3. Moderate Fermentable:
Ingredients such as soy fibers, beet pulp, soy hulls, and brans are moderately fermentable. In this way, you can maintain the digestive system of your cat. It may be challenging to look for a fermentability rate, but you can look for soluble factors.
4. Soluble Fibers in Cat food:
Soluble fibers are highly fermentable. However, they turn into a gel form during digestion and slow down the digestion of carbs and sugar. It will ultimately lower the level of glucose and cholesterol in the blood.
5. Insoluble Fiber in Cat food:
These help the food to pass through smoothly from the digestive system. They do not dissolve in water and do not turn into gel form. In less expensive cat foods, you will find fiber in the form of rice hulls, pectin or bran, etc. These things act as fillers and may cause allergic reactions to your cat.
High fiber cat food is good for household cats. It controls the digestion process and keeps the harmful bacteria away. Many brands are making high-quality cat foods rich in fiber content. These foods are made, keeping in mind all the needs of your cat. You can choose to depend upon the condition of your cat.
However, you need to look at the soluble factor, which will be mentioned in cat food. Moreover, you also need to look for different ingredients that have been used in high fiber cat food. In this way, you can provide the right one to your cat.