Infections in the urinary tract and stones in the bladder and kidneys are common problems found in cats. Some of these issues are easy to treat, and your cat will recover quickly. Medication is helpful; however, there are some best cat foods for urinary tract health.
These cat foods provide the right urinary PH. They also reduce mineral level that can be the reason for crystals build up.
- Best Sensitive Stomach Cat Food In 2021 (Top 10 Review)
- Cat Food For Older Cats That Vomit – (Top Picks 9 In 2021)
- Best Cat Food For Smelly Poop 2021 – (Top 10 Cat Foods)
What Will I Learn?
What Will I Learn?
Our Recommendation Of Cat Foods For Urinary Tract Health
Purina Pro Plan Focus Urinary Tract Health Adult Wet and Dry Food
Purina ONE Urinary Tract Health Formula Adult Cat Food
Hill's Science Diet Dry Cat Food, Adult, Urinary & Hairball Control
Wysong Uretic - Dry Natural Food for Cats
HILL'S PRESCRIPTION DIET c/d Dry Cat Food
IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Adult Urinary Tract Health Dry Cat Food
Royal Canin Feline Urinary So
Hill's Science Diet Urinary Hairball Control
ZIWI Peak Wet Cat Food
Tiki Cat Luau Grain-Free, Low-Carbohydrate Wet Food
Top 15 Cat Foods For Urinary Tract Health
Choosing such cat food will be beneficial for you. It will not only solve these problems, but your cat will also enjoy eating food. Therefore, we will give you some of our top recommendations about the best cat foods for urinary tract health. So be with us to learn about these.
It is one of the best cat foods for urinary tract health and is positively reviewed by customers. About 4200+ users have rated it 4.5 stars. Moisture is one of the critical elements of cat food. Purina Pro Plan cat food has been designed especially for cat’s urinary health.
The protein source in this recipe is chicken. It gives a delicious taste to food and balance pH, and boosts the intake of moisture. Eating this also makes your cat’s immune system strong. Therefore it’s good for the overall health of your cat. As the name indicates, it is made for adult cats.
- It contains less amount of magnesium and potassium.
- Purina pro plan food has a 78% moisture level which is perfect for cat’s urinary tract health.
- It supports the immune system of the cat and reduces the pH of urine.
It is also considered one of the best cat foods for urinary tract health and has bee positively reviewed. It has been rated 4.5 stars by 4000+ customers. It’s the best alternative for those cats that don’t like wet food. It is designed especially for the urinary tract health of the cat. For this reason, people often recommend this food as the best cat foods for urinary tract health.
Purina One Urinary Tract Health food has a delicious taste with a low level of magnesium. It has all-natural ingredients so your cat can easily digest it. A balance between minerals and vitamins has been made very carefully. It has high calories. You can serve this to your cat even if it does not have any urinary tract problems. It can be a precautionary measure, and your cat will enjoy its taste.
- It has a low level of magnesium.
- The protein source is chicken, and there are no fillers.
- One cup has 452 calories.
- It has a balanced pH level which is best for the urinary health of your cat.
- Vets also recommend it.
- It has omega 6 fatty acids, which are the reason for the healthy skin of your cat.
This cat food has been made with all-natural ingredients and is recommended by vets. More than 2500+ people rated this cat food with 4.5 stars. It has a low level of magnesium and supports the urinary tract health of the cat. It has natural fiber, which helps to reduce hairballs.
Hill’s Science is a popular brand for making pet foods. That’s why it is the best cat foods for urinary tract health as quality ingredients have been used in the recipe.
Hill’s Science dry cat food also contains omega 6 and vitamin E, and both of these are essential for skin and coat. Moreover, it has high-quality protein, which supports the cat’s muscles and provides its energy. It’s dry cat food and has a delicious taste of real chicken.
- Natural fiber helps to reduce hairballs. It is also easy to digest for cats.
- It prevents cats from different urinary tract issues and supports the bladder and kidneys.
- Vitamins and omega 6 keep skin in good condition.
- Natural ingredients have been used in this product.
- Cats ranging between 1 to 6 years of age can use it.
This cat food has been tested on multiple cats, and the results were fantastic. This product’s brand name is Wysong, and it has been rated four stars by 500 users. It uses fresh ingredients with a lot of micronutrients. It includes prebiotic, enzymes, probiotics, and different antioxidants which are all the features of the best cat foods for urinary tract health.
The protein amount in Wysong Uretic cat food is 42%, and fat is 15%. There are no fillers, and all ingredients are natural. It is suitable for all cat breeds. In Pet Nutrition, the brand Wysong has been a leader since 1979.
- It’s the best choice for cats that don’t like eating wet food. It is specially made for the urinary health of cats.
- It is suitable for cats of all ages and all breeds.
- Reduced amount of minerals that prevent the formation of crystals.
It’s a chicken flavor dry cat food and has been given 4.5 stars by 130+ users. According to this company, feeding this food to your cat will minimize the chance of urinary tract issues by 89%. It has controlled levels of calcium, phosphorous, and magnesium.
It balances pH, and it will dissolve struvite cells if your cat has in about 27 days. You can discuss it with your vet before serving it to your cat. It is suitable for adult cats.
- It has 8.5% protein and 1.0% fiber.
- This cat food has been clinically tested. It will syreducemptoms and chances of any urinary tract infection.
- If your cat has struvite cells, it will dissolve them.
It’s dry cat food for adult cats and has been positively reviewed by customers. More than 1400 people rated this cat food with 4.5 stars. It has a chicken flavor and is perfect for cats that like dry food. It will reduce the pH of urine and improve your cat’s health.
This Urinary Tract Health dry cat food has vitamin E that is essential for skin and coat. Chicken provides high-quality protein, and it has all the vital nutrients. Potassium and calcium improve the health of your cat’s heart. Moreover, it has crunchy kibble that will prevent plaque build-up in your cat.
Because of all these features, it is considered among the best cat food for urinary tract health.
- It prevents crystals from forming and balances pH for a cat’s urinary health.
- Vitamin E present in it is good for the skin, coat, and cat’s immune system.
- It contains potassium, which is essential for the heart’s health.
- Prevention from plaque build-up due to crunch kibble.
- Best Dental Treats for Cats 2021 – (Top 10 Picks Reviewed)
- Best Cat Food For Diarrhea In 2021 – (Top 10 Foods Reviewed)
It’s a dry cat food that has been rated 4.5 stars by 200+ customers. For pet diets, Royal Canin is a famous brand name. From cystitis to urinary crystals, this cat food prevents your cat from many health problems. It is high in moisture content.
Urine will be diluted, and extra minerals will be flushed out. Cats like this food a lot because it has a delicious taste. Pork and chicken are the protein sources in it. It also has some fish oil, which will keep your cat’s skin and coat in good condition. It has an adequate amount of iron, which will provide energy to your cat.
- It’s a wet cat food made especially for the urinary health of cats.
- It dilutes urine because of high moisture content, and in this way, stones will not be formed.
- It has the right amount of iron and contains fish oil for a healthy coat and skin.
1800+ users have given this food 4.5 stars. It is recommended by vets as the best cat foods for urinary tract health. and includes high-quality protein. It is suitable for the senior cat’s muscles. Real chicken is the first ingredient, and it’s dry cat food. Its unique formula not only improves your cat’s urinary health but also helps in hairballs control because of natural fibers.
It has a balance between minerals and keeps the bladder and kidneys in good condition. It is suitable for cats between 1 to 6 years old.
- Natural fibers help in reducing hairballs in cats, and it is easy for cats to digest.
- It has a balance between minerals and vitamins and supports cat’s urinary health.
- Helps your cat to have a healthy immune system.
- It does not contain any artificial flavors or preservatives.
- All ingredients used in this recipe are natural.
It’s a wet cat food available in multiple flavors. It has been rated 4 stars by 400+ users. Different flavors include mackerel, chicken, rabbit and lamb, beef, lamb, Hoki, mackerel and lamb, venison, etc. All recipes have no added fillers in them. There are no added antibiotics and hormones used in sourced meats for this recipe.
There is a 7% tripe in every recipe, 3% New Zealand Green Mussels. It’s a natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin, which is good for joints. It will give relief to your cat if it’s allergic and helps in maintaining weight.
You don’t have to worry even if your cat is a picky eater. It has been made in a loaf style and will be best for picky eaters.
- It does not have added fillers or artificial flavors.
- The recipe includes New Zealand Green Mussels, which are best for the cat’s joints.
- Multiple flavors available for picky eaters.
- Moisture content is high, which prevents the formation of crystals.
As the name indicates, it’s wet cat food, and 170+ users have rated it 4 stars. It’s a grain-free recipe and is high in moisture content, fulfilling the cat’s need for water. It is rich in nutritional content, and real chicken is the main ingredient.
A balance has been made carefully between minerals and vitamins and is suitable for all ages of cats. It has a delicious taste, and picky eater cats will love it. It contains deboned and shredded meat, which cats can eat quickly. When looking at the options of wet food, this food product can serve as the best cat foods for urinary tract health.
- Cans are pretty easy to open. The recipe has a low level of carbs and high in protein content.
- It also includes taurine, which is good for a cat’s heart. A balance between minerals and vitamins has been made.
- It is grain-free, and nothing artificial has been added to the recipe, making it suitable for cats with allergies.
- Prevents cat from dehydration due to high moisture content. It can be served on top of dry food as well.
70+ users have rated it 4.5 stars. As the name indicates, it is made with organic chicken. It works for the wellness and immune system of your cat and obviously for urinary health. It also has nutraceuticals and micronutrients.
A licensed veterinarian has designed this recipe, and it has high protein content. There are different healthy ingredients in this recipe, such as brown rice, blueberry, and cranberry extract, etc.
- It’s a wet cat food so high in moisture content.
- It prevents cats from any urinary health issue and dilutes the urine.
- It prevents crystal formation due to low-level magnesium.
- Vitamin A and C helps the immune system, whereas, vitamin B is suitable for a healthy metabolism.
It’s dry cat food with a chicken flavor and has been rated 4 stars by 30+ users. There is a balance between calories and fats, which helps in weight loss. Fewer amounts of minerals are present in it that helps to promote urinary health.
It is made grain-free and is suitable for cats of all ages. It is nutritional and has a delicious taste as well. Blue Buffalo is a famous brand and uses quality ingredients.
- It contains 38% protein and 11% fat.
- Deboned chicken is used in this recipe. It is the very first ingredient and the only source of protein.
- It is grain-free, so your cat can easily digest it.
- There are no artificial flavors or additives, and it’s free from fillers.
It has been highly rated and has multiple flavors. 7000+ users have rated it 4.5 stars. Its flavors include daily essentials, lean and tasty, indoor complete, protein plus, and care. It reduces urinary pH and solves many urinary tract problems. For this reason, it serves as the best cat food for urinary tract health.
9Lives Dry Cat food contains selenium and vitamin E, which are essential for the immune system. It has excellent taste, so your cat will like it. It contains taurine, which is good for vision and heart. Protein sources can either be salmon, chicken, or beef, depending upon flavors.
- Available in all flavors that your cat will love.
- It gives balanced nutrition to your cat.
- It is suitable for cats of all ages.
- Has high-quality protein and taurine.
It’s a wet cat food available in different flavors. 1500+ users have rated it 4 stars. Its multiple flavors include
- Asian Fusion
- Grandma’s Chicken Soup
- Green Eggs and Chicken
- Mack and Jack
- Marbella Paella
- Meow Lau
- Nine liver, etc.
It is in a gravy form and includes shredded deboned chicken and chunks of the liver in gravy. Liver chunks are an exciting element, even for picky eaters. This recipe is gluten-free and does not have grains. It is free from artificial preservatives and flavors.
Global standards have been kept in mind while preparing this recipe. Weruva is a family company, and it perfectly balances the nutritional level of food. It keeps your cat healthy and hydrated. Always look for ingredients when you look for the best cat foods for urinary tract health.
- It’s a grain-free diet for cats with a lot of healthy ingredients.
- 100% balanced diet for the overall health of your cat
- It has real broth, which keeps your cat hydrated.
- It can be served on top of dry food and as a different food as well.
It’s a wet cat food available in multiple flavors. The grain-free cat food has been rated 4 stars by 1400+ users. It includes boneless Turkey and chicken along with fish oil. It is prepared to keep in mind the global standards of food.
Weruva Canned wet food is a completely balanced diet for adult cats with no artificial colors or flavors. It’s a family-owned company and works to provide a perfect diet for your cat. It may include boneless chicken, white breast skinless meat chicken, salmon, or lamb.
- It prevents your cat from dehydration.
- Balanced proportions of minerals, vitamins, amino acids and taurine for the overall health of your cat
- It is completely grain-free and does not have any artificial flavor or additives.
- It will satisfy your feline fellow.
5 Things To Look For In Cat Food For Urinary Tract Health
You need to look for some things in good quality cat food for urinary tract health. Take a look at these.
1. Ingredients used in Food:
High quality of cat food is essential because it’s the matter of your cat’s health after all. It should be made of natural ingredients that have a high nutritional value. In this way, the food will be easy to digest for your cat. Low-quality cat food is not suitable for the urinary health of the cat.
2. Moisture Content:
Moisture content is one of the main elements in a cat’s food. Dry cat food has 10% moisture on average, whereas wet food contains 78% to 82% water. It prevents many urinary and kidney problems. Therefore, the cat food you are feeding your feline must have a balance of nutritional content. Balance of nutrition is an important aspect that you should consider in the best cat foods for urinary tract health.
3. Acidic Ingredients:
An acidic environment prevents struvite crystals from forming. Increased acidity of urine in cats will avoid many problems in the urinary tract. Animal protein has more acidic content than plants.
4. Fats that are healthy for Cats:
Some healthy fats such as omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids. These are important for a healthy coat and skin of your cat. Animal-based fats are considered best. These include salmon oil, chicken fat, etc.
5. Balanced Diet:
A balance in the nutritional content of cat food is crucial for urinary health and the complete body. Look for such cat food that has natural ingredients and synthetic vitamins to make balanced food.
Issues or urinary tract are very common in cats. While some of them are not serious and can be treated easily, others can prove serious. Therefore, it is essential to take precautions earlier before the problem arises. There are some of the best cat foods for urinary tract health available in the market.
These cat foods provide many benefits to your cat. Even if your cat does not have any urinary tract issues, you can still serve it. There are a variety of flavors available, so even the picky eater cats will find it attractive.